I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone...
This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God an men, the man Christ Jesus. - 1 Timothy 2:1, 3-4
Following the instructions of 1 Tim 2:1, the CONNECT2:1 prayer ministry wants to encourage every member to do two things:
1. Connect to the ONE GOD of the universe in prayer.
2. Connect with ONE ANOTHER in prayer.
Together, let's CONNECT2:1 and make prayer a priority!
Ways to participate in CONNECT2:1 prayer:
- Pray weekly ON YOUR OWN - Visit this page each week to see the top church prayer needs and then pray on your own for your church.
- Pray weekly WITH PARTNER/GROUP - If you'd like to find a prayer partner or become involved in a prayer group, please let us know. Groups will be forming soon and will meet regularly at times and places convenient to you and your group.
- Volunteer to CONTACT & PRAY for people personally - Many intercessors are needed each week to respond personally to individual prayer requests. If you'd like to volunteer to contact and pray for people personally regarding their prayer needs, please let us know, and we'll help you get started.
Ways to serve in the CONNECT2:1 ministry:
Leaders and volunteers are vital for ensuring a strong and effective prayer ministry. Please let us know if you are interested in serving in these ways!
- Life Group Prayer Leader - Every Sunday morning Life Group should have one or more Prayer Leaders who have a real heart for prayer and who will coordinate and encourage their class in prayer (1-2 hours per week).
- Connect2:1 Prayer Ministry Assistants - Help coordinate prayer groups and distribute prayer requests to volunteer intercessors and ensure follow up (1-2 hours per week).
- Connect2:1 Prayer Guide Writers - Work with ministry staff to write and design Scripturally based, quarterly prayer guide materials (4-6 hours per quarter; should be proficient with MS Word or MS Publisher, etc).